Functional Medicine Diabetes Program
Discover how our Functional Medicine Diabetes Program can help you address blood sugar issues like diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance, and improve your metabolic health naturally.
Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 29 million people in the US currently have diabetes. Still, as many as 8 million are not yet aware that diabetes is affecting their health.
Signs and symptoms of type 1 and type 2 diabetes with hyperglycemia can include increased thirst, increased urination, increased appetite, fatigue, blurred vision, and nausea. Additional indicators are slow-healing wounds, erectile dysfunction, and mensuration problems, as well as neurological issues.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the United States Preventive Services Task Force recommend diabetes screening for adults age 45 and older and for adults who are under 45 years of age, overweight, and have any additional risk factors for type 2 diabetes. Some risk factors include being overweight, obese, or physically inactive, high blood pressure, blood glucose dysregulation, and dyslipidemia. Additional factors to consider are a relative with diabetes, a history of gestational diabetes, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and a history of cardiovascular disease. The early detection of risk factors, including hidden risks, equates to a more timely intervention to stop or delay the progression to diabetes before it becomes more complex to manage.
The Functional Medicine Comprehensive Diabetes Panel can help identify individuals with insulin resistance or prediabetes who are at risk of developing diabetes. This panel incorporates a complete blood count, a comprehensive metabolic panel, and a complete urinalysis. Also included in this panel is antibody testing for type 1 diabetes, hemoglobin A1c with average glucose, GlycoMark, and C-peptide. Another critical component in this panel is a nutrient assessment of vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, as well as the advanced NMR LipoProfile.
Join our Functional Medicine Diabetes Program and learn the connection between mind body & spirit
Blood Chemistry Analysis (value $1,158) ⭐
(Functional Medicine Comprehensive Diabetes Panel 2020) included in this panel is antibody testing for type 1 diabetes, hemoglobin A1c with average glucose, a nutrient assessment of vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, as well as the advanced NMR LipoProfile.
Food Inflammation Test (FIT) (value $750) ⭐
The Food Inflammation Test (FIT) employs unique methods that detect both IgG antibody and Immune Complexes together to determine the reactivity of each sample against a wide variety of food antigens. Measuring IgG and Immune Complexes together increases the sensitivity over other tests which measure IgG alone.
Measures sensitivity to 176 foods, colorings and additives spanning all major food groups.
GI Map (value $700) ⭐
In the last few decades, DNA Analysis has transformed the field of microbiology. The National Institutes of Health have followed suit with initiatives such as the Human Microbiome Project, which characterized the microbiome from over 15 habitats of the body in more than 200 healthy human subjects using DNA analysis.
Heavy Metals Toxicity Test
Red Blood Cell (RBC) Elements (value $300) ⭐
Red blood cell (RBC) elements tests are used to assess the status of essential elements with important intracellular functions, such as magnesium, copper and zinc. Deficiencies or excesses of these essential elements affect numerous metabolic processes. RBC element analysis is also useful for the assessment of ongoing or recent exposure to specific toxic metals, such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, methylmercury and thallium, that accumulate preferentially in erythrocytes.
Organic Acid Test (value $558)⭐
The Organix® Comprehensive Profile is a nutritional test providing insights into organic acids and a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Additionally, children’s reference ranges are designed to provide more accurate pediatric nutritional evaluations. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximize patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.
Functional Medicine Health Report (value $400) ⭐
Each patient possesses unique biochemical characteristics, just like fingerprints. Even for patients with the same condition, their contributing imbalances may be very different. That is why, for optimal results, health decisions should incorporate understandable, actionable information about one’s biochemistry. The Functional Medicine Health Report provides this insight with precision and is augmented by research-backed nutraceutical recommendations.
The Functional Medicine Health Report takes your patients’ lab data and analyzes it to help you understand what’s going on inside.
Access To Events (Webinars, Podcasts, & Facebook Class Facilitations) ⭐
Get more value from our different webinars, podcasts and Facebook Class Facilitations with our coaches and our growing health community to guide you in your journey back to health.
Experience and have the opportunity to share personal experiences and ask questions along the way. Our goal for this is to bridge the gap between traditional healthcare and functional medicine.
We’ll define health and explain how it’s changed over the years as well as explain how functional medicine is best equipped to address chronic disease by reviewing the core aspects of health.
Whether you’re ready to make the switch or just want to explore your options, this is a fantastic resource to take advantage of.
Innovative Programs and Services
We will integrate findings from the most innovative assessment tools and research along with our decades of knowledge and training. As stated in our Core Values of Care, you will always be first in line for innovative, integrative healing methods that combine the best of Western and Eastern medicine.
12 one on one coaching sessions includes (value $4,800)⭐
Why Diets Donʼt Work And What Does Work, Long-Term
- Why one diet doesnʼt work for everyone.
- What to focus on ADDING IN instead of restricting.
- The myths weʼve been falling for and why your yo-yo diet history isnʼt your fault
- Simple things you can start with right away
Exercise Strategies To Maximize Results
- Easy ways to get started with exercise
- How to maximize results without spending hours at the gym
- Common roadblocks to exercise with simple solutions
- How to bust through a weight loss plateau
Why It Is Not Just About Food and Exercise
- What nourishes us on a deeper level
- Why eating can be used to fill a void and what to do about it
- Life balance: what is it and how it can help with your goals
Mindful Eating And Portion Control
- Discover 8 ways to get a better handle on portion control without feeling deprived
- Learn what mindful eating is and how it can help with weight loss and overall health
- Mindless eating triggers and solutions
Understanding And Conquering Cravings
- Common causes of cravings and how to deal with them
- How to curb cravings and find healthier options
- Why your sugar and/or junk food habit is not all your fault
Menu-Planning For Success
- How planning ahead can help you eat healthier and lose weight
- How to save time, money, calories and stress
- Quick prep and cooking tips
- Planning for busy weeks
Stress Reduction And Self-Care
- How stress can affect you physically and emotionally
- Getting better control over your schedule and your life
- Putting YOU at the top of your priorit
- 22 ways to reduce stress and take care of yourself
Supercharged Goal Setting
- How to get crystal clear on your goals
- Aligning your goals with your life priorities
- How to put yourself towards the top of the list
- Figuring out your WHY (written exercise)
- Setting SMART short-term and long-term goals
Mindset And Habits For Powerful Change
- Identifying the thoughts and actions that may be keeping you ‘stuckʼ
- How to take a step back and shift your mindset and attitude
- Evaluating the ‘auto-pilotʼ habits that may be preventing you from reaching your goals
- Why itʼs not about ‘perfectionʼ but PROGRESS
Fueling Your Body For Great Results
- Why what we eat really matters
- Getting better control over your schedule and your life
- How food effects how we look, feel and age
- Focus on thriving, not depriving
- The basics of protein, carbs and fat and why each is important
- Food journaling
Boosting Your Energy
- The foods and habits that may be boosting or depleting your energy levels
- Simple tips to start improving your energy today
- The way you start your morning can have a big impact on your energy throughout the day
- Tips to avoid the 3 pm slump
Deciphering Food Labels Made Easy
- How processed foods can sabotage your weight loss efforts (even when youʼre counting calories)
- The top controversial food additives
- Tips to make label reading easier
- How to start with simple changes
What makes us different?
“Everything we do at Wholestic Nutrition is centered around YOU—because you hold the keys to shaping your own health.
We provide the assessment, the tools and the empowerment, and YOU provide the active participation required to transform and create long-term health.”
What Makes Us Different Than Other Health Clinics?
Our Unique Approach to Improving Your Gut Health
Our Philosophy On Functional Medicine
YOUR FUTURE WITH WHOLESTIC NUTRITION
- Unlike traditional doctors, our care team always focuses on root cause resolution—isolating the key imbalance responsible for the health concerns you’re experiencing right now. Also known as functional medicine, we seek to give you solutions, not more bandaids to cover up the symptoms (or addressing side effects of drugs with even more drugs).
- People believe more in the personalized support and the the science-based system of functional medicine
Learn About Our Science-based System
How It Works
We provide episodes of care over the course of 3-9 months, depending on your unique situation. While results are as individual as you are, most of our clients experience significant improvements to their wellness within a few weeks of working with our team.
In-depth 90-minute intake visit with our certified health coaches
Community & Support
Unlimited email contact with our health coaches for quick conversations, plus group education on lifestyle modifications
Collaborative care approach between health coaches and client
“Wholestic Nutrition Has Changed My Life For The Better…”
I’ve had stomach problems for as long as I can remember. No matter where I went, no one could seem to help me. However, after meeting with team I knew my problems had finally been solved. His comprehensive health assessment gave me the tools to finally improve my stomach health for good!
“The Team At Wholestic Nutrition Is Life-Changing…”
“My Wife Is Finally Feeling Better, And She’s Happier Than Ever…”
My wife and I seemingly have traveled from city to city in search of someone who could help with her chronic pain. Luckily, the last stop we had to make was in Indianapolis, where Dr. Sentissi and his team at Wholestic Nutrition provided the perfect answers for my wife. She couldn’t be happier and has recommended Dr. Sentissi to all her friends!
“I Finally Have A Successful Approach To Maintaining My Health…”
It takes a lot to get me to shift my philosophy when it comes to health and wellness. That being said, Dr. Sentissi has a very unique approach with his clients that ensures they are always at ease and understanding what is being explained to them. He has given me nothing but the best advice and changed how I treat and maintain my own health completely!
“After Years Of Searching, My Stomach Problems Are Solved…”
For as long as I can remember, medical “experts” had told me I was lactose intolerant and that was what had been causing my stomach pain. Dr. Sentissi and his team looked beyond the initial diagnosis to figure out the REAL cause of my ailments. One year later, my stomach problems are finally solved.
“A Simple And Easy Process, From Appointment To Diagnosis…”
From the moment I initiated contact with Wholestic Nutrition through the web, the communications with its team of health pros has been off the charts great! Even if I had to cancel an appointment or change my scheduling, they were always more than accommodating to me to ensure I got the care I needed.
“From the moment I initiated contact with Wholestic Nutrition through the web, the communications with its team of health pros has been off the charts great! Even if I had to cancel an appointment or change my scheduling, they were always more than accommodating to me to ensure I got the care I needed.”
Wondering If Wholestic Nutrition Is Right For You?
Our client coordinator is standing by, happy to answer your questions about whether Wholestic Nutrition is right for you.