The Organix® Comprehensive Profile is a nutritional test providing insights into organic acids and a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes. Additionally, children’s reference ranges are designed to provide more accurate pediatric nutritional evaluations. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions that maximize patient responses and lead to improved patient outcomes.
Organic Acids and Nutritional Testing
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test profile provides vital patient information from a single urine specimen. This organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Organic Acid Testing and Clinical Solutions:
Full review of the patient’s biochemical status and metabolic pathway flow can help identify areas of greatest concern. Follow-up nutritional testing can monitor the effectiveness of selected treatments.
Advantages of the Organix® Comprehensive Profile
- Extensive Analyte List – The Organix® Comprehensive Profile is a nutritional test which contains one of the most extensive biomarker lists in the industry. Including nutritional markers such as Quinolinate, D-Arabinitol, and 8-Hydroxy-2’deoxyguanosine, the Organix® offers great value.
- Innovative Method – The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Single Urine Specimen – A single overnight urine collection is easy for patients, leading to increased patient compliance.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test is ideal for patients who may suffer from:
- Weight issues
- Sleep abnormalities
- Chemical Sensitivities
- 3,4 Dihydroxyphenylpropionate
- It is best to ship your specimen within 24 hours of collection. Please refer to the enclosed shipping instructions before you collect to determine what days you can ship your specimen.
- It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements prior to this specimen collection. Abnormalities that may be found will reveal special needs that have not been met by recent dietary and supplemental intake.
- Decrease fluid intake to avoid excessive dilution of the urine
» For adults, restrict intake to three 8 oz. glasses or less for 24 hours
» Make sure that no more than 8 oz. of this is consumed after 8:00 PM the evening prior to urine collection
- Do not collect urine during menstruation
- Vial contains preservative – Do Not Rinse
Overnight Urine, 12 ml, frozen
Test Type: Kit-Based, Urine
This test requires the use of a test kit. Please order your test kit(s) by clicking on the Order button.
Test Preparation and Reminders
Please make sure ALL information is entered onto the test requisition form included in the kit and all required clinician and patient signatures are completed (missing information may cause a delay in testing and/or interpretation).
- Be sure to follow the specimen collection instructions.
- If the use of cold pack is required, freeze bag containing cold pack for minimum of 4-6 hours before shipping.
- Provide all required information including signature on requisition form. (For non-licensed clinicians, signature is not required.)
- Make sure collection containers are securely closed and placed in the appropriate bag/box.
- Check whether the box has prepaid FedEx, UPS or US Mail postage.
- If you have any questions, please calls Evexia Client Services at 888-852-2723.
Lab Order Fee: Evexia Diagnostics charges $15 for each order placed by non-licensed practitioners.
Restrictions: (1) Patients must be 6 years old or older for test(s) that require any blood draws. Patients under the age of 18 require the parental/guardian consent form to be completed electronically. (2) We do not support lab ordering for patients in NY, NJ, and RI.