Functional Medicine Autism Program & Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
Functional medicine is ideal for helping individuals with ASD as the body is viewed as one integrated system rather than a collection of independent organs. By understanding and treating the body as a whole, functional medicine can help various ranges of abnormalities such as gut imbalances and detoxification issues common in individuals with autism. (Such anomalies often cause the behavioral and mood symptoms of autism.)
Gain the knowledge and expertise to help yourself and others overcome their optimum health
We are driven to share the many holistic techniques and benefits functional medicine has to offer as the integrated approach of functional medicine looks at diet, exercise, detoxification, and supplementation as means to reducing symptoms of autism.
There is no reason you or your family should endure any additional stress. We understand autism comes with enough complications and trying times, and now settling for mediocrity does not have to be your future.
Join our Functional Medicine Autism Program & Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
The Program includes:
Provides a review of basic and advanced blood tests from an integrative and functional medicine perspective. You will learn how to rapidly and accurately interpret laboratory tests, thereby increasing your clinical decision-making skills and optimizing treatment outcome.
Red blood cell (RBC) elements tests are used to assess the status of essential elements with important intracellular functions, such as magnesium, copper and zinc. Deficiencies or excesses of these essential elements affect numerous metabolic processes. RBC element analysis is also useful for the assessment of ongoing or recent exposure to specific toxic metals, such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, methylmercury and thallium, that accumulate preferentially in erythrocytes.
The Food Inflammation Test (FIT) employs unique methods that detect both IgG antibody and Immune Complexes together to determine the reactivity of each sample against a wide variety of food antigens. Measuring IgG and Immune Complexes together increases the sensitivity over other tests which measure IgG alone.
Measures sensitivity to 132 foods, colorings and additives spanning all major food groups.
In the last few decades, DNA Analysis has transformed the field of microbiology. The National Institutes of Health have followed suit with initiatives such as the Human Microbiome Project, which characterized the microbiome from over 15 habitats of the body in more than 200 healthy human subjects using DNA analysis.
COMT is the gene’s official symbol for the gene “catechol-O-methyltransferase”. The COMT gene provides instructions for making an enzyme called catechol-O-methyltransferase. Two versions of this enzyme are made from the gene. The longer form, called membrane-bound catechol-O-methyltransferase (MB-COMT), is chiefly produced by nerve cells in the brain. Other tissues, including the liver, kidneys, and blood, produce a shorter form of the enzyme called soluble catechol-O-methyltransferase (S-COMT).
The MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) gene produces an enzyme involved in the processing of folate and regulation of homocysteine in the body. Folate is a critical nutrient involved in methylation, DNA synthesis, and amino acid metabolism. Impaired folate metabolism due to MTHFR enzyme inactivity or a low folate level results in elevated plasma homocysteine.
Each patient possesses unique biochemical characteristics, just like fingerprints. Even for patients with the same condition, their contributing imbalances may be very different. That is why, for optimal results, health decisions should incorporate understandable, actionable information about one’s biochemistry. The Functional Medicine Health Report provides this insight with precision and is augmented by research-backed nutraceutical recommendations.
The Functional Medicine Health Report takes your patients’ lab data and analyzes it to help you understand what’s going on inside.
Access To Events (Webinars, Podcasts, & Facebook Class Facilitations) ⭐
Get more value from our different webinars, podcasts and Facebook Class Facilitations with our coaches and our growing health community to guide you in your journey back to health.
Experience and have the opportunity to share personal experiences and ask questions along the way. Our goal for this is to bridge the gap between traditional healthcare and functional medicine.
We’ll define health and explain how it’s changed over the years as well as explain how functional medicine is best equipped to address chronic disease by reviewing the core aspects of health.
Whether you’re ready to make the switch or just want to explore your options, this is a fantastic resource to take advantage of.
Innovative Programs and Services
We will integrate findings from the most innovative assessment tools and research along with our decades of knowledge and training. As stated in our Core Values of Care, you will always be first in line for innovative, integrative healing methods that combine the best of Western and Eastern medicine.
12 one on one coaching sessions includes:
Collaborative care approach between health coaches and clients
Why Diets Donʼt Work And What Does Work, Long-Term
- Why one diet doesnʼt work for everyone.
- What to focus on ADDING IN instead of restricting.
- The myths weʼve been falling for and why your yo-yo diet history isnʼt your fault
- Simple things you can start with right away
Exercise Strategies To Maximize Results
- Easy ways to get started with exercise
- How to maximize results without spending hours at the gym
- Common roadblocks to exercise with simple solutions
- How to bust through a weight loss plateau
Why It Is Not Just About Food and Exercise
- What nourishes us on a deeper level
- Why eating can be used to fill a void and what to do about it
- Life balance: what is it and how it can help with your goals
Mindful Eating And Portion Control
- Discover 8 ways to get a better handle on portion control without feeling deprived
- Learn what mindful eating is and how it can help with weight loss and overall health
- Mindless eating triggers and solutions
Understanding And Conquering Cravings
- Common causes of cravings and how to deal with them
- How to curb cravings and find healthier options
- Why your sugar and/or junk food habit is not all your fault
Menu-Planning For Success
- How planning ahead can help you eat healthier and lose weight
- How to save time, money, calories and stress
- Quick prep and cooking tips
- Planning for busy weeks
Stress Reduction And Self-Care
- How stress can affect you physically and emotionally
- Getting better control over your schedule and your life
- Putting YOU at the top of your priorit
- 22 ways to reduce stress and take care of yourself
Supercharged Goal Setting
- How to get crystal clear on your goals
- Aligning your goals with your life priorities
- How to put yourself towards the top of the list
- Figuring out your WHY (written exercise)
- Setting SMART short-term and long-term goals
Mindset And Habits For Powerful Change
- Identifying the thoughts and actions that may be keeping you ‘stuckʼ
- How to take a step back and shift your mindset and attitude
- Evaluating the ‘auto-pilotʼ habits that may be preventing you from reaching your goals
- Why itʼs not about ‘perfectionʼ but PROGRESS
Fueling Your Body For Great Results
- Why what we eat really matters
- Getting better control over your schedule and your life
- How food effects how we look, feel and age
- Focus on thriving, not depriving
- The basics of protein, carbs and fat and why each is important
- Food journaling
Boosting Your Energy
- The foods and habits that may be boosting or depleting your energy levels
- Simple tips to start improving your energy today
- The way you start your morning can have a big impact on your energy throughout the day
- Tips to avoid the 3 pm slump
Deciphering Food Labels Made Easy
- How processed foods can sabotage your weight loss efforts (even when youʼre counting calories)
- The top controversial food additives
- Tips to make label reading easier
- How to start with simple changes
What makes us different?
“Everything we do at Wholestic Nutrition is centered around YOU—because you hold the keys to shaping your own health.
We provide the assessment, the tools and the empowerment, and YOU provide the active participation required to transform and create long-term health.”
What Makes Us Different Than Other Health Clinics?
Wholestic Nutrition specializes in root cause resolution of chronic conditions, such as gastrointestinal ailments, autoimmune conditions, and weight gain using an integrative functional medicine approach. We treat you as an individual capable of healing, not as a disease or number.
Our Unique Approach to Improving Your Gut Health
Through our decades of experience in integrative functional medicine, our practitioners are experts in the latest root cause investigations of gut health issues, their relation to other chronic ailments, and how to restore your digestive health naturally.
Our Philosophy On Functional Medicine
The science-based system of functional medicine is at the heart of our programs at Wholestic Nutrition. Learn how, and why, we feel this form of medicine is crucial to overcoming even your most complex health concerns.
YOUR FUTURE WITH WHOLESTIC NUTRITION
- Unlike traditional doctors, our care team always focuses on root cause resolution—isolating the key imbalance responsible for the health concerns you’re experiencing right now. Also known as functional medicine, we seek to give you solutions, not more bandaids to cover up the symptoms (or addressing side effects of drugs with even more drugs).
- People believe more in the personalized support and the the science-based system of functional medicine
Learn About Our Science-based System
How It Works
We provide episodes of care over the course of 3-9 months, depending on your unique situation. While results are as individual as you are, most of our clients experience significant improvements to their wellness within a few weeks of working with our team.
Discovery ConsultationIn-depth 90-minute intake visit with our certified health coaches
Follow UpsFour 30 to 60-minute follow up visits over the course of 3-6 months, in addition to weekly check-ins via phone/video
Community & SupportUnlimited email contact with our health coaches for quick conversations, plus group education on lifestyle modifications
Collaborative care approach between health coaches and client
“From the moment I initiated contact with Wholestic Nutrition through the web, the communications with its team of health pros has been off the charts great! Even if I had to cancel an appointment or change my scheduling, they were always more than accommodating to me to ensure I got the care I needed.”