Diabetes is one of the leading causes of disability and death in the United States. It can cause blindness, nerve damage, kidney disease, and other health problems if it’s not controlled.
84 million adults in the United States are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Evexia hopes to raise awareness about diabetes risk factors and encourage people to make healthy changes.
From a functional medicine perspective, Glucose dysregulation, hyperinsulinemia, and insulin resistance are not disease entities, but rather physiological abnormalities that increase the risk of developing one of several diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Factors that increase the likelihood of insulin resistance syndrome include:
- Diagnosis of CVD, hypertension, PCOS, NAFLD, of acanthosis nigricans
- Family history of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, or CVD
- History of gestational diabetes or glucose intolerance
- Non-Caucasian ethnicity
- Sedentary lifestyle
- BMI > 25.0 kg/m2 (or waist circumference > 40 inches in men; > 35 inches in women)
- Age > 40 years
The blood test panels listed below offer a comprehensive look at blood glucose regulation (glucose, insulin, and hemoglobin A1c) as well as other organs systems that affect blood glucose regulation such thyroid and adrenal function.
Related Blood Chem Panels
- Evexia Diabesity Panel
- Evexia Comprehensive Weight Loss Panel
- Evexia Comprehensive Wellness Panel